*SPOILERS* June 14, 2010 - June 20, 2010 The Aubreyad Press Gang Epic Adventure Week Nine
1. How does Stephen’s conversation with Dr. Ramis regarding emotion and the expression of emotion shed light on the novel’s primary characters (Jack, Stephen and Dillon)? Do you think his theory is correct?
2. While observing the action with the Hannibal, Jack lies easily to Captain Christy-Palliere. How does this fit in with Jack’s code of honor, and what does it say about his character?
3. How does Captain Ferris’ reaction to striking his colors contrast with Jack’s? Which reaction strikes you as more natural? Is it even possible for Jack to have reacted in the same way as Ferris?
4. After meeting with Saumarez, “Jack, almost for the first time in his life, was by no means sure of his perfect comprehension, natural intelligence and penetration”. What has finally caused him to come to this realization? Do you think it will lead to any change in his character?
5. Did you ever doubt the outcome of Jack’s Court Martial? Why or why not?
1. FVs: What did you think of Master and Commander?
OHs: How many times have you read Master and Commander, and did you notice any differences this time?
2. What was your favorite part of the book and why?
3. Do you have any suggestions for the APG group read?
The Aubreyad Press Gang is engaged in a group read of the series. We have just finished Master and Commander, and shall begin Post Captain on June 28th. Feel free to join the discussion! You must be a registered member of the forums and the APG to post.
Questions by your captain.